Often purchased with our most popular online course bundle, the CDCES Prep Bundle - earn 42+ CEs online, at your own convenience.
What is included in the AADE Book Bundle?
- The Art & Science of Diabetes Self-Management Education Desk Reference - 5th Edition
Published by AADE, the Art & Science Desk Reference 5th Edition is the must-have resource for all diabetes educators. This Desk Reference (2020) is written by practicing Diabetes Educators for Diabetes Educators and provides the core knowledge and essential strategies and skills all educators need to facilitate behavior change in persons with diabetes. Boost your knowledge and keep current with all of the critical changes in the healthcare landscape.
- practical information educators can use with patients to avoid complications and comorbidities
- risks and benefits of CGM and the educator’s role in working with patients who use CGM
- updated info on incorporating the ADA, AADE, and AND joint position statement and algorithm of care into a DSME program
- Two new chapters addressing multiple daily injections (MDI), continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion (CSII), pump therapy, continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) and intensifying therapy, pattern management, and data analysis.
- Revised AADE7 Self-Care Behaviors®, with its recognition of the impact the emotional burden of diabetes on metabolic and quality of life outcomes.
- Highlights obesity management, including the 3-step algorithm for care of overweight and obese people with diabetes.
- Expanded coverage of motivational interviewing (MI).
- Major rewrites of the kidney disease and diabetic neuropathies chapters.
- AADE Review Guide for the Diabetes Care and Education Specialist Exam - 5th Edition
The AADE Review Guide for the Diabetes Care and Education Specialist Exam is an excellent independent study tool and comprehensive resource. This Edition is published with the July 1, 2019 content outline changes!
The AADE Review Guide for the Diabetes Care and Education Specialist Exam - 5th Edition provides:
- 480 + multiple choice questions
- Strategies for preparing for and taking the exam
3 self-assessment tests that cover three main content sections on the CDCES Exam:
- Assessment of Diabetes and Prediabetes
- Interventions for Diabetes and Prediabetes
- Disease Management
Two - 200 multiple choice question exams
Includes an answer key with rationales for all question included in the guide!
Both for a GREAT price!