Not just a Course – It’s an Experience”
Come join us at our Level 2, Diabetes Educator Course in historic Sacramento, CA. Earn 32 CEs with Coach Beverly in April with our three day live course.
Date: April 10th - 12th, 2019
Where: Sacramento, CA
Price per person:
Friend Discount: 2 or more only $540 per person
What is the Diabetes Educator Course?
If you are interested in taking the CDE® exam or are seeking a state of the art review of current diabetes care, this course is for you. Our team of expert faculty has been fine tuning this course for over fifteen years, and we know what you need. In addition to informative lectures, we also use group activities and case studies to highlight the essential knowledge, skills and strategies needed to succeed in diabetes education today!
Diabetes Educator Course Topics Include
- Type 1 and 2 Diabetes – More than hyperglycemia
- Insulin – the Ultimate Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Pattern Management
- Medications for Type 2 Diabetes – From Famine to Feast
- Healthy Coping and Successful Diabetes Education
- Motivational Interviewing
- Complications and Goals of Care – Instilling Hope
- Medical Nutrition Therapy – How to Eat By the Numbers
- Exercise – Turning Exhaustion into Endurance
- From Hypo to Hyperglycemia – Causes and Treatment
- Diabetes Across the Lifespan- Kids, Pregnancy and Elderly
What else is included:
- Earn a total of 32 CEs, 21 during the live seminar and 11 from our online bonus courses
- Receive 11 online courses worth 11 CEs, a value of $159. Coach Beverly carefully chose each of these courses based on student feedback on which content best helped them succeed at the CDE®* Exam and in their clinical practice.
- 100+ page syllabus
- Healthy breakfast each morning, gourmet lunches, CE certificates, beautiful location and a engaging environment.
What is the Bionic Pancreas Workshop?
Friday - 1:00 - 3:00 p.m.
Get the latest information on insulin pumps and continuous glucose monitoring from an expert. This workshop will answer your questions and provide valuable insights.
- Learn how to interpret real life data from a Continuous Glucose Monitor (CGM)
- Discuss the basics of insulin pump use and terminology
- Describe basics of problem solving for patients using insulin pumps
- Why wear insulin 24/7?
- Who’s the best candidate? Who should pass on this technology?
- What’s available today? What does the future hold?