One Year Subscription | 40 Online Courses | Earn 58+ CEs
+ ADCES Book Bundle
2022 Webinar Update Schedule
- Jan. 11 through Jan. 27, 2022 - Level 1 | Diabetes Fundamentals | 9.25 CEs
Feb. 3, 2022 - Level 2 | ADA Standards of Care | 2.0 CEs
- Feb. 8th through March 8th, 2022- Level 3 | DiabetesEd Specialist Boot Camp | 12+ CEs
This is our most economical package pricing yet! Earn CEs and receive a comprehensive overview of the science and art of diabetes education with a ton of exam practice questions. The complete package equips you with everything you need to achieve exam success. Not only are you purchasing the full spectrum of our 39 online courses, but this package also includes the Art and Science Desk Reference and Review Guide which are instrumental independent study tools.
This bundle is specifically designed for healthcare professionals who are studying for the Board Certified in Advanced Diabetes Management (BC-ADM) and Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist (CDCES) exam.
This bundle includes:
- Ultimate Online Bundle (40 courses) | 58+ CEs
- ADCES Revised 5th Edition Review Guide - Over 480 Practice Questions
- ADCES Art & Science of Diabetes Self-Management Education - 5th Edition
Online Course Descriptions
Ultimate Online Bundle (40 online courses) | 58+ CEs
In each webinar, Coach Beverly Thomassian, RN, MPH, CDCES, BC-ADM highlights the critical content of each topic area so you can focus your study time most efficiently. She also launches multiple poll questions that highlight key concepts to help students assess their knowledge and learn the best test-taking strategies.
Each individual online course includes a: video presentation, podcast, practice test, and additional resources. After purchase, you have immediate access to your courses for 1 full year.
All of our topics are filled with clinical pearls and information you can use in your practice setting. We offer a wealth of information for those wanting to take their diabetes knowledge to the next level! The majority of students that take this bundle, go on to pass the exam. Check out our Graduate Success Stories.
Intended Audience: This library of critical information is designed for individuals or groups of diabetes specialists, including RNs, RDs, Pharmacists, Nurse Practitioners, Clinical Nurse Specialists, Physician Assistants, and other health care providers interested in staying up to date on current practices of care for people with diabetes and preparing for the BC-ADM and CDCES Certification Exam.
Courses Included in Annual Subscription Package:
Level 1 Diabetes Fundamentals - 9.25 CEs
- Getting to the Nitty Gritty 1.5 CEs
- Nutrition and Exercise 1.5 CEs
- Insulin Therapy & Pattern Management 1.75 CEs
- Meds Overview for Type 2 – 1.5 CEs
- Goals of Care – 1.5 CEs
- Hypoglycemia, Sick Days, Monitoring, Foot Care 1.5 CEs
Level 2 Standards of Care - 20.0 CEs
- Assessing and Promoting Well-Being: From Population Health to a Person-Centered Approach 1.5 CEs
- Cardiovascular Disease and Diabetes- 1.5 CEs
- Critical Assessment – Fine-Tuning your Diabetes Detective Skills - 2.0 CEs
- From Tots to Teens – Diabetes Standards 1.5 CEs
- Hospital and Hyperglycemia – 1.5 CEs
- Hyperglycemic Crisis – 1.0 CEs
- Lower Extremity Assessment – 1.5 CEs
- Meds Management Update for Type 2 – 1.5 CEs
- Microvascular Complications, Eye, Kidney Nerve Disease – 1.5 CEs
- Older Adults and Diabetes 1.5 CEs
- Pregnancy and Diabetes 1.5 CEs
- Setting up a Successful Diabetes Program 1.5 CEs
- Standards of Care 2.0 CEs
Level 3 Diabetes Education Online Boot Camp - 12.25 CEs
- Diabetes - Not Just Hyperglycemia 1.75 CEs
- Glucose & CV Goals & Interventions - 1.5 CEs
- Insulin Therapy - From Basal/Bolus to Pattern Management 1.5 CEs
- Insulin Intensive - Monitoring, Sick Days, Lower Extremities 1.5 CEs
- Meds for Type 2 - What you need to know 1.5 CEs
- Medical Nutrition Therapy and Exercise 1.5 CEs
- Screening, Prevention, and Treatment of Microvascular Complications, 1.5 CEs
- Coping and Behavior Change 1.5 CEs
- “The Big Finish” Test Taking Boot Camp - Bonus course!
Level 4 Advanced Level Course - 11.25 CEs
- Basal Bolus Therapy in Hospital 1.5 CEs
- Cancer and Diabetes 1.25 CEs
- Insulin Calculations Workshop - 1.5 CEs
- New Horizons - Getting to the Gut 1.0 CEs
- Solving Glucose Mysteries for Type 1- 1.5 CEs
- Solving Glucose Mysteries for Type 2- 1.5 CEs
- The Impact of Adverse Childhood Experiences on Health | 1.0 CE
- Type 2 Diabetes Intensive - 2.0 CEs
Toolkits - 4.0 CEs
- Test Taking Toolkit - No CEs
- Includes a 90-minute On-Demand course.
- 220 questions in total divided into Four 50+ computerized quizzes.
- Diabetes Technology + CV Risk Toolkit with Dr. Diana Isaacs - 4.0 CEs
- Intensive Insulin Therapy— From Carbs to Correction to reach glucose targets
- Integrating Technology, Continuous Glucose Monitoring, and Insulin Pumps into Care
- CV Risk Management with a Pharmacology Focus
Bonus Course 1.5 CEs
- Mindfulness and Compassion in the Diabetes Encounter Webinar - 1.0 CEs
- Diabetes and Language | What we say matters - 0.5 CEs
ADCES Book Bundle Descriptions
The Art & Science of Diabetes Self-Management Education Desk Reference - 5th Edition
Published by ADCES, the Art & Science Desk Reference 5th Edition is the must-have resource for all diabetes educators. This Desk Reference (2020) is written by practicing Diabetes Educators for Diabetes Educators and provides the core knowledge and essential strategies and skills all educators need to facilitate behavior change in persons with diabetes. Boost your knowledge and keep current with all of the critical changes in the healthcare landscape.
- practical information educators can use with patients to avoid complications and comorbidities
- risks and benefits of CGM and the educator’s role in working with patients who use CGM
- updated info on incorporating the ADA, ADCES, and AND joint position statement and algorithm of care into a DSME program
- Two new chapters addressing multiple daily injections (MDI), continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion (CSII), pump therapy, continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) and intensifying therapy, pattern management, and data analysis.
- Revised ADCES7 Self-Care Behaviors®, with its recognition of the impact the emotional burden of diabetes on metabolic and quality of life outcomes.
- Highlights obesity management, including the 3-step algorithm for care of overweight and obese people with diabetes.
- Expanded coverage of motivational interviewing (MI).
- Major rewrites of the kidney disease and diabetic neuropathies chapters.
ADCES Review Guide for the Diabetes Care and Education Specialist Exam - 5th Edition - Revised
This revised guide is updated to reflect the 2021 ADA Standards of Care, newer medications, and technologies.
The ADCES Review Guide is a fantastic independent study tool and comprehensive resource for the Diabetes Care and Education Specialist Exam and the BC-ADM Exam.
The ADCES Review Guide for the Diabetes Care and Education Specialist Exam - 5th Edition - Revised provides:
- 480 + multiple-choice questions
- Strategies for preparing for and taking the exam
- Updates based on the ADA Standards of Care for 2021
3 self-assessment tests that cover three main content sections on the CDCES Exam:
- Assessment of Diabetes and Prediabetes
- Interventions for Diabetes and Prediabetes
- Disease Management
Two - 200 multiple choice question exams
Includes an answer key with rationales for all questions included in the guide!
Instructor: Beverly Thomassian RN, MPH, CDCES, BC-ADM is a working educator and a nationally recognized diabetes expert for over 25 years. She is an Associate Clinical Professor at UCSF and Founder of Diabetes Education Services.
Fee: $669 (Group Discounts Available)
The use of DES products does not guarantee the successful passage of the CDCES exam. CBDCE does not endorse any preparatory or review materials for the CDCES exam, except for those published by CBDCE.