Come join our Virtual DiabetesEd Specialist Program.
Whether you are new to diabetes or a seasoned expert, you’ll benefit from this virtual conference with the latest research plus critical content that you can immediately apply to your clinical practice.
Prepare for CDCES or BC-ADM certification or earn hours for renewal.
If you are interested in taking the CDCES or BC-ADM exam or are seeking a state of the art review of current diabetes care, this course is for you. Our team has been fine-tuning this course for over fifteen years, and we know what you need.
Team of expert faculty includes:
- Diana Isaacs, PharmD, BCPS, BC-ADM, BCACP, CDCES – Educator of the Year, 2020
- Coach Beverly Thomassian, RN, MPH, CDCES, BC-ADM
- Ashley LaBrier, MS, RD, CDCES, Diabetes Program Coordinator
In addition to informative lectures, we also use group activities and case studies to highlight the essential knowledge, skills, and strategies needed to succeed in diabetes education today!
Your registrations include access to all the Online Sessions plus Bonus Courses through December 31st, 2021.
3 day live webinar courses from April 15th-17th (20 CEs) + enrollment in our Bonus Bundle (15.0+ CEs) from now through December 2021.
Entire Program Fee: $399
Program Schedule: Full Conference Schedule
Dates: April 15-17, 2021
Live Webinar Schedule: All webinars start and end times are in Pacific Standard Time
This virtual program includes:
- Live Q & A Session with the instructor after each webinar
- Presentations by our team of experts
- Handouts and Resources for each session
- Post-test questions
- A sense of community
- If you can’t attend the live webinars, a recorded version will be posted later the same day for viewing.
Virtual Course Schedule
Day 1 | Virtual DiabetesEd Specialist Course | April 15, 2021
- 8:00 – 8:15 | Welcome and Introductions | Chair Beverly Thomassian, RN, MPH, CDCES, BC-ADM
- 8:15 – 10:15 | Diabetes Overview and Glycemic Goals | Coach Beverly Thomassian
- 10:30 – 12:15 | Diabetes Medications, What Diabetes Specialists Need to Know | Diana Isaacs, PharmD, BCPS, BC-ADM, BCACP, CDCES – Educator of the Year, 2020
- 1:15 – 3:15 | Insulin – The Ultimate Hormone Replacement Therapy | Dr. Diana Isaacs
- 3:45 – 5:15 | COVID and Diabetes Update - From Hospital to Home | Coach Beverly
Day 2 |Virtual DiabetesEd Specialist Course | April 16, 2021
- 8:00 – 9:30| Intensive Insulin Therapy— From Carbs to Correction to reach glucose targets | Diana Isaacs, PharmD, BCPS, BC-ADM, BCACP, CDCES – Educator of the Year, 2020
- 9:45 – 11:15 | Integrating Technology, Continuous Glucose Monitoring, and Insulin Pumps into Care | Dr. Diana Isaacs
- 11:15 – 12:15 | CV Risk Management with a Pharmacology Focus | Dr. Diana Isaacs
- 1:15 – 3:15 | Critical Assessment – Fine Tuning your Diabetes Detective Skills | Beverly Thomassian, RN, MPH, CDCES, BC-ADM
- 3:30 – 4:30 | Cancer and Diabetes Update, Solving Mysteries for Type 1 and Type 2 | Coach Beverly
- 4:30 – 5:15 | Becoming an Exceptional Educator | Coach Beverly
Day 3 | Virtual DiabetesEd Specialist Course| April 17, 2021
- 8:00—9: 45 | Medical Nutrition Therapy Updates and Critical Content | Ashley LaBrier, MS, RD, CDCES
- 10:00 – 11:30 | How to Eat by the Numbers and Meal Planning Approaches
- 11:30 – 12:00 | Keeping Well Through Activity and Nutrition
Bonus Courses worth 14 + CEs FREE - When you register for our Virtual Course, you have immediate access to these Bonus DiabetesEd University Online Courses – for FREE!
- Test Taking Toolkit – Over 200 sample test questions!
- Level 2 – Assessing and Promoting Well-Being | 1.5 CEs
- Level 2 – Hospital and Hyperglycemia 1.5 CEs
- Level 2 – Hyperglycemic Crisis, DKA and HHS Standards 1.0 CEs
- Level 2 – Meds Management Update for Type 2 – 1.5 CEs
- Level 2 – Pattern Management Gone Crazy 2.65 CEs
- Level 2 – Setting up a Successful Diabetes Program 1.5 CEs
- Level 2 – Women and Diabetes 1.5 CEs
- Level 2 – From Tots to Teens – Diabetes Standards 1.5 CEs
- Level 2 – Older Adults and Diabetes 1.5 CEs
- Mindfulness and Compassion in the Diabetes Encounter – 1.0 CE
Accreditation: Diabetes Education Services is an approved provider by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider 12640, and Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR), Provider DI002. Since these programs are approved by the CDR it satisfies the CE requirements for the CDCES regardless of your profession.*
The use of DES products does not guarantee the successful passage of the CDCES exam. CBDCE does not endorse any preparatory or review materials for the CDCES exam, except for those published by CBDCE.