Virtual DiabetesEd Specialist Conference | April 15-17, 2021 | 30+ CEs
Whether you are new to diabetes or a seasoned expert, you’ll benefit from this virtual conference with the latest research plus critical content that you can immediately apply to your clinical practice.
What is the Diabetes Educator Course?
If you are interested in taking the CDCES or BC-ADM exam or are seeking a state of the art review of current diabetes care, this course is for you. Our team of expert faculty has been fine-tuning this course for over fifteen years, and we know what you need. In addition to informative lectures, we also use group activities and case studies to highlight the essential knowledge, skills, and strategies needed to succeed in diabetes education today!
Prepare for CDCES or BC-ADM certification or earn hours for renewal.
Come join our Virtual DiabetesEd Specialist Program.
Your registrations include access to all the Online Sessions plus Bonus Courses through December 31st, 2021.
This virtual program includes:
3 day live webinar courses from April 15th-17th (20 CEs) + enrollment in our Bonus Bundle (14.0+ CEs) from now through December 2021.
- Live Q & A Session with the instructor after each webinar
- Presentations by our team of experts
- Handouts and Resources for each session
- Post-test questions
- A sense of community
- If you can’t attend the live webinars, a recorded version will be posted later the same day for viewing.
Who should attend? Health care professionals interested in taking the CDCES (formerly known as CDE) or BC-ADM exam or those seeking a state of the art review of current diabetes care. We also invite those looking for hours to renew or apply for the CDCES or BC-ADM exam.
Team of Experts: Our team of expert faculty has been fine-tuning this course for over fifteen years and we know what you need to succeed! In addition to informative lectures, we also use group activities and case studies to highlight the essential knowledge, skills, and strategies needed to succeed in diabetes education today!
Diabetes Ed Specialist Course Topics Include:
- Current State of Diabetes ADA Standards of Care
- Person-Centered Care for Type 1, Type 2, LADA, GDM
- Medical Evaluation and Risk Identification
- Diabetes Prevention
- Glycemic Targets Across the Lifespan
- Landmark Studies
- Medications for Type 2
- Pharmacology Algorithms - AACE and ADA
- Cardiovascular Monitoring and Management
- Getting Active
- Assessing and Supporting Coping Skills
- Insulin – the Ultimate Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Insulin Pattern Management and Dosing Strategies
- Sick Days, Monitoring, Hospitalization, and Lower Extremities
- Diabetes Tools for the visually impaired
- Microvascular Disease - Screening Guidelines and Risk Reduction
- Promoting Behavior Change - Flourishing with Diabetes
- Medical Nutrition
- Medical Nutrition Therapy – How to Eat By the Numbers
- Meal Planning based on Individual Assessment
- Diabetes and Technology
Accreditation: Diabetes Education Services is an approved provider by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider 12640, and Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR), Provider DI002. Since these programs are approved by the CDR it satisfies the CE requirements for the CDCES regardless of your profession.*
The use of DES products does not guarantee the successful passage of the CDCES exam. CBDCE does not endorse any preparatory or review materials for the CDCES exam, except for those published by CBDCE.