One Year Boot Camp Subscription | 9 online courses | Earn 12+ CE’s
+ ADCES Review Guide & Desk Reference
Earn CEs and receive a comprehensive overview of the science and art of diabetes education with a ton of exam practice questions.
This bundle includes:
- Level 3 | DiabetesEd Specialist Boot Camp | 12+ CEs
- ADCES Art & Science of Diabetes Self-Management Education - 5th Ed.
- ADCES Revised 5th Ed. Review Guide - Over 480 Practice Questions
Online Bundle Description
Level 3 | Boot Camp Online Series (9 online courses) | 12+ CEs
The Level 3 Online University Boot Camp Bundle offers eight courses, plus a bonus course, “The Big Finish” Test Taking Boot Camp.
In each webinar, Coach Beverly Thomassian, RN, MPH, CDCES, BC-ADM highlights the critical content of each topic area so you can focus your study time most efficiently. She also launches multiple poll questions that highlight key concepts to help students assess their knowledge and learn the best test-taking strategies.
Each individual online course includes a: video presentation, podcast, practice test, and additional resources. After purchase, you have immediate access to your courses for 1 full year.
All of our topics are filled with clinical pearls and information you can use in your practice setting. We offer a wealth of information for those wanting to take their diabetes knowledge to the next level! The majority of students that take this bundle, go on to pass the exam. Check out our Graduate Success Stories.
Intended Audience: This library of critical information is designed for individuals or groups of diabetes specialists, including RNs, RDs, Pharmacists, Nurse Practitioners, Clinical Nurse Specialists, Physician Assistants, and other health care providers interested in staying up to date on current practices of care for people with diabetes and preparing for the BC-ADM Certification Exam.
With your purchase of our DiabetesEd Specialist Online Boot Camp, you have instant access to the recorded 2021 Winter Boot Camp Series
Diabetes Specialist Online Boot Camp Live Webinar 2022 Topics
- Recorded on February 8, 2022 - Class 1 - Diabetes - Not Just Hyperglycemia 1.75 CEs
- Recorded on February 10, 2022 - Class 2 – Standards of Care & Cardiovascular Goals 1.5 CEs
- Recorded on February 15, 2022 - Class 3 - Insulin Therapy - From Basal/Bolus to Pattern Management 1.5 CEs
- Recorded on February 17, 2022 - Class 4 - Insulin Intensive - Monitoring, Sick Days, Lower Extremities 1.5 CEs
- Recorded on February 22, 2022 - Class 5 - Meds for Type 2 - What you need to know 1.5 CEs
- Recorded on February 24, 2022 - Class 6 - Exercise and Medical Nutrition Therapy 1.5 CEs
- March 1, 2022 - Class 7 - Screening, Prevention, and Treatment of Microvascular Complications
- March 3, 2022 - Class 8 - Coping and Behavior Change 1.5 CEs
- March 8, 2022 - Class 9 - Test-Taking Coach Session (48 Questions) No CE
The Art & Science of Diabetes Self-Management Education Desk Reference - 5th Edition
Published by ADCES, the Art & Science Desk Reference 5th Edition is the must-have resource for all diabetes educators. This Desk Reference (2020) is written by practicing Diabetes Educators for Diabetes Educators and provides the core knowledge and essential strategies and skills all educators need to facilitate behavior change in persons with diabetes. Boost your knowledge and keep current with all of the critical changes in the healthcare landscape.
- practical information educators can use with patients to avoid complications and comorbidities
- risks and benefits of CGM and the educator’s role in working with patients who use CGM
- updated info on incorporating the ADA, ADCES, and AND joint position statement and algorithm of care into a DSME program
- Two new chapters addressing multiple daily injections (MDI), continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion (CSII), pump therapy, continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) and intensifying therapy, pattern management, and data analysis.
- Revised ADCES7 Self-Care Behaviors®, with its recognition of the impact the emotional burden of diabetes on metabolic and quality of life outcomes.
- Highlights obesity management, including the 3-step algorithm for care of overweight and obese people with diabetes.
- Expanded coverage of motivational interviewing (MI).
- Major rewrites of the kidney disease and diabetic neuropathies chapters.
ADCES Review Guide for the Diabetes Care and Education Specialist Exam - 5th Edition - Revised
This revised guide is updated to reflect the 2021 ADA Standards of Care, newer medications, and technologies.
The ADCES Review Guide is a fantastic independent study tool and comprehensive resource for the Diabetes Care and Education Specialist Exam and the BC-ADM Exam.
The ADCES Review Guide for the Diabetes Care and Education Specialist Exam - 5th Edition - Revised provides:
- 480 + multiple-choice questions
- Strategies for preparing for and taking the exam
- Updates based on the ADA Standards of Care for 2021
3 self-assessment tests that cover three main content sections on the CDCES Exam:
- Assessment of Diabetes and Prediabetes
- Interventions for Diabetes and Prediabetes
- Disease Management
Two - 200 multiple choice question exams
Includes an answer key with rationales for all questions included in the guide!
Instructor: Beverly Thomassian RN, MPH, CDCES, BC-ADM is a working educator and a nationally recognized diabetes expert for over 25 years. She is an Associate Clinical Professor at UCSF and Founder of Diabetes Education Services.
Fee: $499 (Group Discounts Available)
The use of DES products does not guarantee the successful passage of the CDCES exam. CBDCE does not endorse any preparatory or review materials for the CDCES exam, except for those published by CBDCE.