COVID-19 and Diabetes Virtual Update | 1.5 CE
COVID-19 and Diabetes Update | Navigating a Crisis
Recently Updated on December 2, 2021 | Earn 1.5 CE | $19
With the surge in new COVID cases, what is the essential information health care professionals and Diabetes Specialists need to navigate this overwhelming crisis?
What are best practices to care for people with diabetes and COVID-19 in the outpatient and hospital setting?
Coach Beverly Thomassian, RN, MPH, CDCES, BC-ADM, has completely updated this critical presentation, to bring health care professional up-to-date on the current state of COVID and its impact on diabetes care. She summarizes key information including critical teaching points and management strategies for people with diabetes who develop a COVID-19 infection.
- Discuss the current state of diabetes in the United States
- Describe the relationship between COVID and health care disparities
- Explore the impact of COVID infection on those with pre-existing diabetes
- Discuss treatment strategies for COVID and diabetes, including new vaccines
- List critical teaching points for people with diabetes and COVID
If you miss the live version, your registration guarantees access to the recorded version.
Instructor: Beverly Thomassian RN, MPH, CDCES, has been Board Certified in Advanced Diabetes Management for over 20 years. She is an Associate Clinical Professor at UCSF and Touro University, and a nationally recognized diabetes expert.