Earn 7.5 CEs while enjoying a resort location. Hear Coach Beverly, MPH, CDE, BC-ADM, speak live in Florida!
Who Should Attend? This course is designed for Diabetes Care and Education Specialists interested in taking a leadership role in the future of diabetes.
The diabetes landscape is undergoing a major shift.
There is a new call to action for Diabetes Care and Education Specialists.
As recognized experts in the field of diabetes, we are called to take a leadership role in improving diabetes care and outcomes in three major areas:
- Population Health
- Cardiovascular Risk Reduction
- Leveraging Technology
8:30 - 10:00 a.m. | A New Vision for Diabetes Educators
- A New Vision for Diabetes Care and Education Specialists
- Social determinants of Health
- Distinguishing different types of diabetes and management approaches
10:15 - 11:30 a.m. | Medication Algorithms
- Medications to treat type 2
- Using ADA and AACE algorithms to determine best approach
12:30 - 2:00 p.m. | Assessment and Treatment Strategies
- Critical assessment of diabetes co-conditions
- Treatment goals and management strategies
2:15 - 4:00 p.m. | Future Focus
- Improving population health
- Reducing cardiovascular risk
- Role of technology in practice
4:00 - 4:30 p.m. | Optional Q&A
- Preparing for the CDE or BC-ADM
*course schedule subject to change
Enjoy all Safety Harbor has to offer with on-site spa amenities like whirlpools, steam rooms, sauna, nail salon, and massage! The whole family could have fun on the tennis courts, pier, or fantastic walking paths as our conference ends just in time for a relaxing weekend.