Diabetes 2020 - Now a Webinar! | Earn 7.5 CEs
This Live Seminar has been restructured into a Webinar due to the Coronavirus
Who Should Attend? This course is designed to provide critical, cutting edge information for health care professionals who are caring for people with diabetes. It is also perfect for those interested in achieving or renewing their CDCES or BC-ADM certification.
Accreditation Information - Diabetes Education Services is an approved provider by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider 12640, and Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR), Provider DI002. Since these programs are approved by the CDR it satisfies the CE requirements for the CDCES regardless of your profession.
Seminar Overview - There is a new vision for Diabetes Care and Education Specialists. As we move into the future we are expected to demonstrate the integration of diabetes clinical management, education, prevention, and support.
It is time to elevate our role as a key resource in the field of diabetes and demonstrate our specialist knowledge.
Coach Beverly has created a one-day seminar that allows participants to delve deep into the topics that are most pressing for diabetes care now and in the future.
Diabetes 2020 – Getting to the Heart of Diabetes Care
Session 1 - Getting to the Heart of Care - 1.5 CEs - Airs April 23rd
- Expanding our role as Diabetes Care and Education Specialists
- ADA Medication Management Algorithm based on 2020 Standards of Care
Session 2 - Cardiovascular Risk Reduction Strategies - 1.5 CEs - Airs April 24th
- Risk Reduction Strategies for Cardiovascular Disease and Diabetes
- Addressing Hypertension, Lipids and Weight – A Case Study Approach
Session 3 - Lower Extremity Assessment and Intervention - 1.5 CEs - Airs April 28th
- Peripheral Arterial Disease vs Vascular Disease
- Lower extremity assessment techniques
- Prevention strategies and education
Session 4 – Making meaningful Connections and a Vision for the Future - 1.5 CEs - Airs April 30th
- Role of gut bacteria in cardiometabolic health
- Adverse Child Experiences – ACE and Impact of Diabetes and other Health Outcomes
- Improving health- From individuals to populations
The use of DES products does not guarantee the successful passage of the CDCES exam. CBDCE does not endorse any preparatory or review materials for the CDCES exam, except for those published by CBDCE.