“More than a course, it’s an experience!”
Come join us at our, DiabetesEd Specialist Course in historic Sacramento, CA. Whether you are new to diabetes or a seasoned expert, you’ll leave our live seminar with the latest research plus teaching tools you can immediately apply to your clinical practice.
Beverly Thomassian and her teaching team translate the complex science of diabetes into understandable terms while keeping it real, practical and fun.
Dates: May 13 – 15, 2020
Location: Embassy Suites by Hilton, Riverfront Promenade, Sacramento, CA (100 Capitol Mall, Sacramento, CA 95814) Embassy Suites on the riverfront has gorgeous Sacramento River views, wonderful walking paths, and is only an 8-minute walk to historic Sacramento.
Entire Course Fee: $599
- DiabetesEd Specialist Course Sacramento 2020 Flyer
- 2019 DiabetesEd Specialist Course Schedule
- Making a Difference Scholarship
Time: May 13 – 14 | 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
May 15 | 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Who should attend? Health care professionals interested in taking the CDCES (formerly known as CDE) or BC-ADM exam or those seeking a state of the art review of current diabetes care. We also invite those looking for hours to renew or apply for the CDCES or BC-ADM exam.
- 2.5 Days: of critical information delivered by passionate speakers in an engaging and fun format!
- 24 CEs: earned at the Live Seminar
- 11 Bonus Online Courses, Earn 14 CEs: As a course attendee, you automatically receive a bonus bundle of 11 online courses worth valued at $179. Coach Beverly carefully chose each of these courses based on student feedback on which content best helped them succeed at the CDCES Exam and in their clinical practice. You will be given instruction after you purchase the course on how to enroll in our Online University and get started!
- Workbook: 100+ page syllabus, healthy breakfast all days, gourmet lunch both days and refreshments. Plus, CE certificates and a fun and engaging learning environment.
What is the Diabetes Educator Course?
If you are interested in taking the CDCES exam or are seeking a state of the art review of current diabetes care, this course is for you. Our team of expert faculty has been fine-tuning this course for over fifteen years, and we know what you need. In addition to informative lectures, we also use group activities and case studies to highlight the essential knowledge, skills, and strategies needed to succeed in diabetes education today!
Diabetes Educator Course Topics Include
- Current State of Diabetes ADA Standards of Care
- Person-Centered Care for Type 1, Type 2, LADA, GDM
- Medical Evaluation and Risk Identification
- Diabetes Prevention
- Glycemic Targets Across the Lifespan
- Landmark Studies
- Medications for Type 2
- Pharmacology Algorithms - AACE and ADA
- Cardiovascular Monitoring and Management
- Getting Active
- Assessing and Supporting Coping Skills
- Insulin – the Ultimate Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Insulin Pattern Management and Dosing Strategies
- Sick Days, Monitoring, Hospitalization and Lower Extremities
- Diabetes Tools for the visually impaired
- Microvascular Disease - Screening Guidelines and Risk Reduction
- Promoting Behavior Change - Flourishing with Diabetes
- Medical Nutrition
- Medical Nutrition Therapy – How to Eat By the Numbers
- Meal Planning based on Individual Assessment
- Diabetes and Technology
The use of DES products do not guarantee successful passage of the CDCES exam. CBDCE does not endorse any preparatory or review materials for the CDCES exam, except for those published by CBDCE.