“More than a course, it’s an experience!”
Come join us at our, Diabetes Educator Course in historic Sacramento, CA. Whether you are new to diabetes or a seasoned expert, you’ll leave our live seminar with the latest research plus teaching tools you can immediately apply to your clinical practice.
Beverly Thomassian and her teaching team translate the complex science of diabetes into understandable terms, while keeping it real, practical and fun.
Dates: April 10th – 12th, 2019
Location: Courtyard Marriott Cal Expo Sacramento, CA (1782 Tribute Road, Sacramento, CA 95815) The Courtyard Marriott Cal Expo provides that great location to explore Sacramento.
Entire Course Free: $599
Bring-A-Friend Discount - 2 or more: $519 per person
(use coupon code FRIENDS2019 - Sale ends February 28th, 2019)
Diabetes Ed Course without workshop: $579 per person
We highly recommend the Insulin Pump workshop, since many more people are now on insulin pump therapy and the CDE exam includes questions about insulin pumps. Don’t miss out on this special workshop which includes free lunch!
Friend Discount: 2 or more only $520 per person for Course plus Insulin Workshop. To inquire about a group discount, please email email@example.com for your custom discount code.
- Diabetes Educator Course Sacramento Brochure
- 2019 Diabetes Educator Course Schedule
- Making a Difference Scholarship
Time: Wednesday April 10th – Thursday April 11th 8:00 a.m. – 4:45 p.m. Friday April 12th from 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Insulin Pump Workshop with Dana Armstrong: Friday April 12th, 1:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- 2.5 Days: of critical information delivered by passionate speakers in an engaging and fun format!
- 21 CEs: earned at the Live Seminar
- 11 Bonus Online Courses, Earn 11.CEs: As a course attendee, you automatically receive a bonus bundle of 11 online courses worth valued at $179. Coach Beverly carefully chose each of these courses based on student feedback on which content best helped them succeed at the CDE® Exam and in their clinical practice. You will be given instruction after you purchase the course on how to enroll in our Online University and get started!
- Workbook: 100+ page syllabus, healthy breakfast all days, gourmet lunch both days and refreshments. Plus, CE certificates and a fun and engaging learning environment.
What is the Diabetes Educator Course?
If you are interested in taking the CDE® exam or are seeking a state of the art review of current diabetes care, this course is for you. Our team of expert faculty has been fine tuning this course for over fifteen years, and we know what you need. In addition to informative lectures, we also use group activities and case studies to highlight the essential knowledge, skills and strategies needed to succeed in diabetes education today!
Diabetes Educator Course Topics Include
- Type 1 and 2 Diabetes – More than hyperglycemia
- Insulin – the Ultimate Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Pattern Management
- Medications for Type 2 Diabetes – From Famine to Feast
- Healthy Coping and Successful Diabetes Education
- Motivational Interviewing
- Complications and Goals of Care – Instilling Hope
- Medical Nutrition Therapy – How to Eat By the Numbers
- Exercise – Turning Exhaustion into Endurance
- From Hypo to Hyperglycemia – Causes and Treatment
- Diabetes Across the Lifespan- Kids, Pregnancy and Elderly
What is the Insulin Pump Workshop?
Friday - 1:00 - 3:00 p.m.
Get the latest information on insulin pumps and continuous glucose monitoring from an expert. This workshop will answer your questions and provide valuable insights.
- Learn how to interpret real life data from a Continuous Glucose Monitor (CGM)
- Discuss the basics of insulin pump use and terminology
- Describe basics of problem solving for patients using insulin pumps
- Why wear insulin 24/7?
- Who’s the best candidate? Who should pass on this technology?
- What’s available today? What does the future hold?