Level 4 | Type 2 Diabetes Intensive | 2 CEs
Title: Level 4 | Type 2 Diabetes Intensive | 2 CEs
This course is included in: Level 4 - Advanced Level Courses. Purchase this course individually for $29 or the entire bundle and save 70%.
Diabetes Education Services Online University Courses are an excellent way to study for your exam anytime and anywhere that is convenient for you. You will have immediate access to your courses for 1 year after your purchase date. Each individual online course includes a: video presentation, podcast, practice test, and additional resources.
This course provides a detailed overview of the pathophysiology of type 2 diabetes, prevention strategies, and cardiovascular risk reduction. In addition, we highlight type 2 treatment approaches including nutrition, activity, oral and injectables medications plus screening and treatment guidelines for micro and macrovascular disease. Through case studies and discussion, we highlight strategies to focus on a person-centered approach along with attention to psychosocial care for people living with diabetes.
- Discuss the current epidemiology of type 2 diabetes.
- Describe the classification, terminology & diagnostic criteria for diabetes.
- Identify the eight pathophysiologic defects associated with the ominous octet.
- Describe evidence and strategies to prevent type 2 diabetes.
- State strategies to implement a person-centered approach to those with diabetes.
- Discuss key aspects of type 2 diabetes management including education, therapeutic lifestyle changes, glucose, lipid and hypertension management plus referrals.
- Understand the overarching principles of management of type 2 DM including:
- Classes of the diabetes medications
- Treatment of dyslipidemia/hypertension
- Screening for, prevention and treatment of microvascular complications
- Psychosocial support
Intended Audience: These courses are knowledge-based activities designed for individual or groups of diabetes educators, including RNs, RDs, Pharmacists, Nurse Practitioners, Clinical Nurse Specialists, Physician Assistants, and other health care providers interested in enhancing their knowledge of management of inpatient hyperglycemia.
Instructor: Beverly Thomassian RN, MPH, CDCES, has been Board Certified in Advanced Diabetes Management for over 15 years. She is an Associate Clinical Professor at UCSF, a working educator, and a nationally recognized diabetes expert.
Fee: $29.00 (Group Discounts Available)
Course Level: Level 4 - Specialty Topic Courses
All hours earned count toward your CDCES Accreditation Information
Earn 2.0 CEs
Video presentation and podcast available now On Demand.
Accreditation: Diabetes Education Services is an approved provider by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider 12640, and Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR), Provider DI002. Since these programs are approved by the CDR it satisfies the CE requirements for the CDCES regardless of your profession.* The use of DES products does not guarantee the successful passage of the CDCES exam. CBDCE does not endorse any preparatory or review materials for the CDCES exam, except for those published by CBDCE.