Medical Nutrition Therapy + Meal Planning + Exercise with Ashley LaBrier | 4 CEs
Title: Medical Nutrition Therapy + Meal Planning + Exercise with Ashley LaBrier | 4 CEs
This course is included in: Virtual DiabetesEd Specialist Conference
These courses with Ashley LaBrier, MS, RD, CDCES who is passionate about providing person-centered education to empower those who live with diabetes. Having been diagnosed with type 1 diabetes herself nearly 20 years ago, she combines her professional knowledge with personal experience and understanding.
These courses review the latest national nutrition guidelines and provide strategies to translate this information to an individual living with diabetes. Included is a discussion on different approaches to meal planning and the benefits and limitations of each, meal planning, and the importance of activity with nutrition.
Topics with Ashley LaBrier, MS, RD, CDCES
- Medical Nutrition Therapy Updates and Critical Content
- Describe person-centered nutrition issues based on assessment and clinic data.
- Explore national guidelines for medical nutrition therapy and how to individualize interventions from a person-centered perspective.
- State how to customize nutritional approaches in people living with complications of diabetes.
- How to Eat by the Numbers and Meal Planning Approaches
- Describe the impact of micro and macronutrients on health.
- List different meal planning approaches and the pros and cons of each.
- Describe how to help people with diabetes to read labels and be thoughtful consumers.
- Keeping Well Through Activity and Nutrition
- Describe activity benefits, precautions, and recommendations
Earn 4 CEs
Instructor: Ashley LaBrier, MS, RD, CDCES is an educator, dietitian, and Diabetes Education Program Coordinator at the Salinas Valley Medical Clinic’s Diabetes & Endocrine Center. Her work with people living with diabetes focuses on the value of healthy nutrition and movement to improve well-being.
All hours earned count toward your CDCES Accreditation Information
Accreditation: Diabetes Education Services is an approved provider by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider 12640, and Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR), Provider DI002. Since these programs are approved by the CDR it satisfies the CE requirements for the CDCES regardless of your profession.* The use of DES products does not guarantee the successful passage of the CDCES exam. CBDCE does not endorse any preparatory or review materials for the CDCES exam, except for those published by CBDCE.