Medication Update Toolkit 3.5 CEs
This Meds Update Toolkit includes two On Demand courses designed to keep you abreast of the rapidly changing world of Diabetes Pharmacology in the Outpatient and Inpatient Setting. If you want cutting edge information on the latest pharmacology and hospital glucose management, we highly recommend this toolkit.
Meds Update 2017– Earn 1.5 CE
There is an abundance of new medications approved by the FDA. In addition, there are new important warnings on older medications. Concentrated insulins are causing confusion and the first biosimiliar insulin was recently approved. There are 2 new insulin +GLP-RA combo medications on the market.
- How do we integrate these new medications into our practice?
- What are the benefits and limitations and what information are we compelled to share with our patients and providers?
- Using national algorithms to integrate new medications
Basal Bolus Insulin in the Hospital Basal Bolus in the Hospital Setting – Earn 2.0 CE
Glucose control in the hospital matters! This course provides participants with a step-by-step approach to safely and effectively implement Basal Bolus Insulin Therapy in the inpatient setting.
- We discuss appropriate insulin dosing based on the patient’s clinical presentation and apply dosing strategies to a variety of case studies.
- Included are hard-to-manage situations that commonly occur in hospital settings and a discussion of solutions that will keep patients safe and get glucose levels to goal.
- In addition, sample basal/bolus and insulin drip guidelines plus lots of resource articles are included.
- This online course is designed for individuals and is also available for institutions.
Intended Audience: These courses are knowledge-based activities designed for individual or groups of diabetes educators, including RNs, RDs, Pharmacists, Nurse Practitioners, Clinical Nurse Specialists, Physician Assistants and other health care providers interested in enhancing their medication and inpatient glucose management knowledge.
Instructor: Beverly Thomassian, RN, MPH, CDE, BC-ADM is a nationally recognized expert, working educator and creator of the Diabetes Medication and Insulin PocketCards.
Testimonial: “I want to let you know your online program rocks! I’d say it is the best one out there!”
Fee: $49.00 (Group Discounts Available)
All hours earned count toward your CDE Accreditation Information
Earn 3.5 CEs
All video presentations and podcasts available now On Demand. Includes both courses, free podcasts, handouts, resources and CE Certificates.
*Certified Diabetes Educator® and CDE® are registered marks owned by NCBDE. The use of DES products do not guarantee successful passage of the CDE® exam. NCBDE does not endorse any preparatory or review materials for the CDE® exam, except for those published by NCBDE.”