Women as Change Agents in the Diabetes Landscape - May 10th, 2019 | San Francisco, CA
“The goal of this conference is to give voice to courageous women leaders who have made a significant impact in their communities and beyond.”
Our Intention is to inspire diabetes health care professionals to take risks, try new approaches and envision themselves as powerful change agents.
May 10th, 2019 | San Francisco, CA
Before Feb 15th, 2019: $219
After Feb 15, 2019: $249
- Catered breakfast and lunch
- Diabetes Med PocketCards
- 7.5 CE Certificate
- Ask the Expert Panel
- Networking Opportunities
- and more!
Location: AC Hotel San Francisco Airport / Oyster Point Waterfront
1333 Veterans Blvd, South San Francisco, CA 94080
Earn CEs – 7.5 for Nurses, RDs and CA Pharmacists
Save your seat at the table, register today!
For this conference, we have carefully created an agenda that includes a variety of women leaders and trailblazers in the field of diabetes and in their communities. We are inviting them to share their journey and vision to inspire future generations of leaders.
To generate excitement and action toward change, we are building in purposeful time for networking, creating a plan for change and movement breaks, which include short activities and dancing in between speakers.
Keynote presenters include: | See detailed bio information here >>
- Ann Albright, PhD, RD - Director, Division of Diabetes Translation at the CDC
- Tracey Brown MBA, BChE - CEO, American Diabetes Association
- Nicole Johnson, DrPH, MPH, MA - National Director of Mission at JDRF
- Maureeen McGrath, MS, PNP-BC, BC-ADM - Associate Clinical Professor, Director, Diabetes Minor, UCSF School of Nursing
- Susan Guzman, PhD - Director of Clinical/Educational Services, Behavioral Diabetes Institute, San Diego
- Edi Matsumoto, FNP, MSN, MFA, CDE, BC-ADM - Montage Medical Group and Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula
- Theresa Garnero, APRN, BC-ADM, MSN, CDE - Instructional Designer Specialist, UCSF School of Nursing, Founder, Sweet People Club
- Beverly Thomassian, RN, BC-ADM, MPH, CDE - Founder, President, Diabetes Education Services
Objectives: Participants will gain the following upon conclusion of this program:
- Transform view of how to deliver and improve diabetes care
- Network and share experiences with colleagues
- Gain fresh ideas for teaching and participant activities
- Develop a plan for future action
Team of Experts: This program is a labor of love and passion. It is a dream co-opted by two Diabetes Nurse Specialists and Certified Diabetes Educators (CDEs) who believe that women make a powerful difference in the lives of people living with diabetes.
- Beverly Thomassian, Diabetes Education Services RN, MPH, CDE, BC-ADM, President and Founder, Diabetes Education Services
- Theresa Garnero, APRN, BC-ADM, MSN, CDE, President and Founder of Diabetes Catalysts www.diabetescatalysts.com
Accommodations and Discounted Room Rate:
The conference will be located at the AC Hotel San Francisco Airport / Oyster Point Waterfront. The hotel is located within minutes of the San Francisco Airport at 1333 Veterans Blvd, South San Francisco, CA 94080.
A block of rooms is being held at the hotel for conference participants starting at the rate of $159 per night, May 9th - May 10th, 2019. Reservations will be on a space and rate available basis, so book your rooms early (cut off date for booking the group rate is April 10th, 2019).